- The Supergirl Project – downloads of Supergirl comics from the Silver Age to the 1990s
- Super. Girl. – a fresh, fun, breezy site devoted to exploring the history of Supergirl in comic books and her importance in pop culture
- Supergirl Comic Box Commmentary – regular reviews of Supergirl comics and related Supergirl blogging
- Superman Homepage – Supergirl Special Report – an in-depth profile of the Supergirl character and series, from the very first Supergirl in 1958, through to the end of Peter David’s 80-issue series.
- DC Comics – Supergirl-tagged posts
- The World of Supergirl
- Carol Strickland’s Power Girl Index – a history of the creation of Supergirl and Power Girl
- Alan Kistler’s Profile On: Power Girl (2005) – incredibly indepth history of Power Girl through Infinite Crisis
- Power Girl in The Classifieds – an amusing fan video that captures the spirit of Power Girl. The actor and the costume are spot-on.
- Power Girl @ Hyperborea – short, simple and sweet profile of Power Girl’s history up to and including Infinite Crisis (2005), wherein her original identity as the Earth-2 Supergirl is restored.
- Power Girl: You Be the Judge – Ragnell debunks the urban legend about artist Wally Wood and Power Girl’s chest size
- The Complete Power Girl Chronology – another well researched article by at Silver Bullet Comicbooks. Written in 2002 so stops short of the restoration of Power Girl’s origin
- SuperHeroStuff.com – the largest selection of Supergirl-themed apparel including t-shirts, hoodies, pajamas, socks and undies, costume boots, swimsuits and related merchandise
- PopFunk – Supergirl and many other female character t-shirts from DC Originals and other official DC licensees (ships to USA only)
- AllPosters – a smaller selection of the Supergirl t-shirts available from SuperHeroStuff and PopFunk, but with international storefronts that ship to just about any location
- BigBadToyStore – for all your action figure, statues, busts and collectibles needs
- Mego Museum: Supergirl Mego Dolls – a gallery of the Mego soft dolls released during the 1970s, which included many female superheroes including Supergirl, Batgirl, Wonder Woman and Catwoman
- Cory Walker’s Supergirl Redesigns
- Draw Supergirl Meme – redesigns of Supergirl’s costume. See also Project Rooftop’s Supergirl Week Part 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 with reactions.
- Scans Daily: Supergirl/Kara
- Scans Daily: Supergirl/Linda Danvers
- Scans Daily: Supergirl/Cir-El/Mia
- Scans Daily: Sterling Gates
- Scans Daily: Jamal Igle
- The Diary of a Midvale Orphan – a hilarious bit of fanfic taking place during the Silver Age “Midvale Orphanage” years, told from the perspective of another orphan who finds Linda Lee’s behavior just a little peculiar.
- Odditycollector: Supergirl-tagged posts
- Supergirl Interrupted – Youtube photo memorial of the 1996-2003 Supergirl series that chronicles the character’s history, starting with Linda becoming Supergirl and ending with her leaving her role in “Many Happy Returns”.
- Supahboii’s Deviant Art – some very cool original Supergirl art, plus lots of great Superboy, Wonder Boy, Robin, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Sailor Moon and other sketches
- Fantastic Fangirls
- Girls Read Comics Too
- Superheroes are for girls, too! – “Superheroes aren’t just for little boys. Here you’ll find lots of images of little girls from past and present who also love them.”
- Women in Comics Wiki
- Feb 28, 2013
Michael Nelson and “Supergirl” Just Want to Have Fun
- Feb 26, 2013
Michael Alan Nelson: New SUPERGIRL Writer Injecting ‘Fun & Adventure’
- Feb 22, 2013
Writer Michael Alan Nelson Talks SUPERGIRL
- Feb 21, 2013
Art ‘n’ Franco’s Epic Ending to ‘Superman Family Adventures
- Nov 28, 2012
Paul Levitz Explores Bat Sibling Rivalry In “Worlds’ Finest”
- September 25, 2010
Jimmy Palmiotti: Time Bomb and Power Girl
- June 2010
Sterling Gates Plots New Course for Supergirl
- June 2010
SciFiChick: Sterling Gates
- June 2010
Sterling Gates on Superman #700
- June 2010
Sterling Gates on Supergirl #53 and Beyond
- December 2009
Sterling Gates on “World’s Finest” and “Supergirl” – Supergirl #50 Lana Lang, Supergirl in World’s Finest
- Sterling Gates (August 2009) – Superwoman, Lana Lang, New Krypton, Supergirl #50, Superman Secret Files 2009, Codename: Patriot, Hunt for Reactron, Supergirl Annual #1
- April 2009
Living Between Wednesdays: Sterling Gates
- June 2009
Supergirl talks! – Helen Slater
- October 2008
Project Fanboy: Sterling Gates
- October 2007
Who is Sterling Gates? Meeting the new DC writer
- Aug 13, 2007
Kelley Puckett & Drew Johnson Take Over DC’s SUPERGIRL with #23
- Feb 27, 2007
Reflections: Talking Everything with Joe Kelly
- Timeline of First and Final Appearances of Every Supergirl, Superwoman, Etc. – exhaustive timeline of first and final appearances of every DC character ever named Supergirl, Superwoman, Power Girl, or Kara. The fifth draft updates the list with DC’s introduction of the New Multiverse and the subsequent reinstatement of many older stories back into continuity.
- The Comic Book Database and The Grand Comic Book Database are excellent sources for detailed issue information and covers for all sorts of comics (superhero, indie, manga). You can use the Comic Book Database to keep track of all the comics you personally own, your pull list, and your comics wish list.
- The Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe – an encyclopedia of the DC Universe, past, present and future. Includes profiles on characters, places, organizations, and events in the DC Universe; issue-by-issue indexes and character chronologies; and a detailed history of the Universe itself.
A selection of essays that appeared circa 2005-2007 in response to the early issues of the 2005 Supergirl series, along with two older pieces that continue to be relevant
- The Changing Face of Supergirl: A Look at the Evolution of the Girl of Steel (2007)
- Supergirl, Powergirl, A Story Redux
- Seeking Avalon: Supergirl
- My So-Called Supergirl (2006)
- What I Want From Kara Zor-El (2006)
- Supergirl: Paragon of Feminism (2006)
- Violence and the single girl (2005)
- Supergirl: Just a Piece of S (2005)
- The Lost Supergirl: Cir-El (2005)
- Mind That Kryptonite Ceiling, Supergirl
- A Supergirl By Any Other Name Is Still A Super Girl! (2000)
Superhero Comics Related
- Ami Angelwings’ Heavenly Comic Reviews
- Canary Noir – Birds of Prey
- Friends of Lulu – an American nonprofit organization whose purpose is to promote and encourage female readership and participation in the comic book industry. Of especial interest to creators and prospective creators.
- Girl-Wonder.org – a collective of forums, blogs, and articles examining the state of female superheroes in DC and Marvel. Not for fanboys in need of Feminism 101, this stuff dives deep into the pervasive misogyny in comics, while celebrating the good stuff. Lots of awesome writing. (Most blogs have concluded and are in archive status.)
- Girls Read Comics
- Sequential Tart – “a web zine dedicated to providing exclusive interviews, in-depth articles and news, while working towards raising awareness of women’s influence in the comics industry and other realms”
- Shelly’s Comic Book Shelf
- Super Future Friends – podcast summaries of the Legion of Super-Heroes
- When Fangirls Attack – a daily compilation of blog posts on women in comics (including the occasional ones by misogynist trolls).
- Women in Refrigerators – “Dedicated to the women with capes who died for comics”. Created by Gail Simone (writer of Birds of Prey, Wonder Woman).